Current Most Popular Post

Friday, July 15, 2011

A big, big order of talc...

First off, for the uninformed: talcum powder is used in the restoration of pens. It acts as a dry lubricant for the inner working of filling systems such as Parker Vacumatics, lever-fillers, button fillers, and most sac pens.

Now, I was running low on this stuff and needed more. I wanted to buy in bulk, both to save on shipping and get a better deal. I found this great guy on ebay who will sell you 4 1lb. bags and give you a fifth one free! Great deal! The stuff arrived in record time too. I ordered it on the 12th, it got here on the 14th!!! Superb customer service and a pleasure to deal with. Go check him out if you need 100% pure talcum powder!

Now, for some pictures of this massive amount of white stuff!




Now I'm quite well stocked to say the least. :)

Regards,
777 - Tyler Dahl

10 comments:

  1. And when your first infant arrives, you're all set, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my.  Your hand gives proportion to the immensity of that much talc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Well, that's good to know... ;)

    Regards,
    777 - Tyler Dahl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, it's a lot... A lot, lot...

    :) It'll last me forever.

    Regards,
    777 - Tyler Dahl

    ReplyDelete
  5. How many centuries is this gonna last you? :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know it's talc, and I know it's talc,but if that package breaks in shipping, Homeland Security is going to go crazy... and then, of course, there's the DEA.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, actually, I haven't a clue. But it's more than I'll ever need. I'm thinking of starting to sell some pen repair parts myself. This may be a good place to start! :)

    Regards,
    777 - Tyler Dahl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, my FPN buddies are all over that joke... *eyes roll* :)

    Every time somebody even mentions talc, in any bulk form, we get started on this... :DGives me a good chuckle though.Regards,777 - Tyler Dahl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, Joking aside;  if I had that order shipped to me in Jakarta,  they would be all over me with sniffer dogs, battering rams, and assault weapons. If anything they'll want to know what I'm cutting with that stuff (if such a this is even possible - dunno).

    By the way, how do you store and preserve talc in bulk? Doesn't it want to absorb water etc?

    David

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha! Oh boy, that'd be an interesting thing!

    I store mine in an airtight mason/canning jar. Works quite nicely!

    Regards,
    777 - Tyler Dahl :)

    ReplyDelete