Current Most Popular Post

Monday, January 30, 2012

Ink Review - FPN Galileo Manuscript Brown

This is a brown ink a did not expect to like that much, bit it's really grown on me in the last few days that I've been playing around with it.

It's a fast drying, well behaved, and beautiful Noodlers ink, produced for FPN.

It's another one of those "understated" inks, that is very well suited for a good letter, or other purposes where more vibrant inks would be obnoxious.

Overview:



So, when I first inked my pen up with this, I almost thought this would be another Pelikan 4001 Brown, a bland, and ugly color that could hardly be considered a brown. Luckily, I now force myself to give all inks an equal chance, and it was greatly to my benefit this time. :)

This ink is definitely on the "milk" end of the "chocolate brown" ink-spectrum. It's a bit light, and I'll mention here that it definitely looks lighter in this review than it is in real life.

But overall I find this ink very pleasing, and indeed, I am considering buying a full bottle of it. That's a pretty high compliment coming from me, as I am very picky when it comes to inks, and which ones make it into my "must always have a full bottle" collection. :)

Let's get right into the different aspects of the ink:

Ink Review: FPN Galileo Manuscript Brown


Pen and nib: TWSBI 540 - F nib


Color: Light Brown, sort of like milk-chocolate!


Dry time: 5 seconds - Nice!


Smear when dry: NO


Shading: Pretty much none...


Lubrication: Good - actually makes my pen feel smoother!


Bleed through: teeny-tiny amount


Feathering: Just a bit


Here's the scan - again, bearing in mind this scan is slightly "washed out" compared to the ink in real life.

Overall I'm very pleased with this ink. I like it's performance. It has a tiny amount of bleed-through and feathering, but it's a worthy sacrifice for the very fast dry time.

The color is also much nicer than I expected. It really looks great when you've got a full page written with it. It is perfectly suited for a semi-formal letter writing ink, and might even be appropriate in some business situations.

I would say that this one is definitely worthy of my recommending that you go buy yourself a sample, and see how you like it! You need to see it in person to really appreciate the beauty of the subtle muted colors. Trust me. :)

Again (unfortunately), like with FPN Tulipe Noire, this ink is NOT available for purchase right now. This is unfortunate, but hopefully it will be back again soon. I'll update this review with "where to buy" info as soon as it's available.

And with that said, I will conclude this review of FPN Galileo Mauscript Brown. Hope you all enjoyed it.

Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think of this ink. Have you ever tried it, and if so, what are your thoughts on it?

Regards,
Tyler Dahl

No comments:

Post a Comment