Current Most Popular Post

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Weekend Reads 1/28/12

Welcome to the fourth edition of Weekend Reads!

It's Saturday, and that happens to be the perfect day to sit back in a comfortable chair, grab a good pen and a book, and catch up on some pen-related reading.

I've picked out some good ones this week, so relax, and enjoy!




#1: Once again, my favorite read of the week is from FPGeeks! Gosh, they have great reviews. They're extremely thorough and detailed, which is how I like and write my reviews. Unfortunately, reading your own reviews isn't much fun, so I'm very pleased to find yet another blogger who really dives into the good stuff in their reviews. Now, about the review: FPGeeks covers the Monte Verde Invincia Stylus Fountain Pen (that was a mouthful). This pen looks amazingly cool, and the review is great. The look/feel of the pen reminds me of the Pilot Vanishing Point in matte black.

#2: I read this a long time ago, but finally found it again last week. It's a rather vague review, and it unfortunately doesn't give any purchasing info. But, that aside, the notebook reviewed here is one of the most unique and cool ideas I've seen in a long while. I really want one now. :) And if any of you know where to get one, please let me know where! I'm very interested in picking one up for personal use and reviewing on the blog.

#3: You probably already knew this, but in case you didn't it definitely worth a mention - the colored TWSBI 540s are finally out! I was seconds away from grabbing a smoke one, but decided I ought to wait till the next batch. Then I thought about it too much, and bought one anyway! :P I'm also interested in grabbing some of those 1.1 and 1.5mm italics to check out and review. This smoke 540 will be perfect for an updated review of the TWSBI!

#4: And while we're talking about the TWSBI, check out this "home-made" frosted TWSBI 530. I really like the idea, and am considering buying an extra 540 just to try it. But I probably won't, because I know mine won't turn out as nice as his did. :)



Q&A time!

Well, I unfortunately don't have any questions this week to answer. Oh no!

If you all are enjoying the Q&A segment of the Weekend Reads, please email me with your questions! I need you (not the other guy reading my blog, but you) to shoot me an email and ask me a question about anything pen related. Seriously, anything! Ink, pens, cases, nibs, repairs, etc. Just ask me something! :)

Your participation is not only greatly appreciated by me, but also by all of the other people who read my blog and the Q&A.

Thank you! :D



And now, a "forecast" for the next week of blogging!

I've got a LOT of reviews coming soon, so this next week and the one after are going to be great!

I've finally gotten a chance to play around with my two new pens, the Noodlers Ahab Flex, and Kaweco sport, but I still think I may give them yet another week before review. I think I might do one this week though.

So, for this week then:

  • Ink Review of FPN Galileo Manuscript Brown
  • Pen comparison - Kaweco Sport VS. Stipula Passporto!
  • Ink Review of Diamine Red Dragon
  • Clairefontaine Staplebound Duo review!
Haven't done a notebook review in a long time, and have never done that many overall. But in short, this is definitely a week of reviews!

And with that said, I'm concluding this edition of the Weekend Reads. Relax, and enjoy yourself today! If you have some spare time, please consider leaving me a comment below and giving me your thoughts on the Weekend Reads, or anything else you might have on your mind.

And don't forget to ask those questions! They're vital to the Q&A segment. I can't do it without you guys. Email me anytime at: tyler@tylerdahlpens.com with questions or comments. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

And now, I'm off to go sit down and spend some time playing with my new pens, and test driving some new inks. Catch you all later on Monday. ;)

Regards,
Tyler Dahl

No comments:

Post a Comment