Current Most Popular Post

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

TWSBI Vac700 - First Look!

Obviously, a review is in order for this pen. :) But in the meantime, I'd like to share with you a few photos of the latest addition to my little pen collection.

The TWSBI Vac700 has been talked of, and hyped about even more than the Diamond 540. After months of waiting, delays, and revisions, the long awaited Vac700 is out!



Shown here, is the Vac700 (which I have officially dubbed: The V700), in "sapphire". It's a lovely transparent blue. The pen is also available in smoke, and amber. I am still waiting patiently for a clear version, which I will also buy. :)



The shape of the pen is different, unique, and beautiful. I love the strange taper, getting thick where the cap and barrel meet.



A pleasant surprise: The clip is a nice matte finish - anodized aluminum I'm guessing. It does look a little, perhaps mismatched since the cap band is smooth. But it doesn't bother me, and the clip definitely is attractive. It's a real focal point for the pen, and I love the shape of it. It's just a really good clip, period. :)



Mine wrote very... Dry out of the box. I used my fingers, and quickly adjusted it to about 5/10. Smooth. Very smooth, and impressive. I got a B nib, which is sort of a M/B, depending on what brands you're used to. It writes almost exactly the same width as my Edison M nib.

I'll tweak this one a bit more, and increase the flow once I have some bench time for it. For now, it's definitely a great nib. I was disappointed that I had to tweak it out of the box, but that's pretty normal these days, and it did turn out great in the end.




Overall - My initial impression is great! It's a solid pen, much like the 540. There are a few quibbles I have with it, like any pen. It still doesn't post well, and the section is thinner than I personally prefer.

I should note however, that even if it were possible to post this, you'd definitely want to pass. :) It's a big (long) pen. The largest one I own right now. Longer than an Edison Pearl, TWSBI 540, and Pilot VP, by way of comparison. It's not too big, but it would be if you posted it.


That's all for now! Just a quick little first look for you, at this long awaited pen. Review coming sometime this month!

If you haven't gotten one of these yourself, grab one quick before stock runs out!



No comments:

Post a Comment